Course Introduction, OS X Tour
Handouts (as PDFs unless otherwise indicated)
- Syllabus (not distributed in class)
- Extra Credit Technology Survey, (survey link) (optional)
- Read p. 13-36 in The Mac is not a Typewriter for next week Wednesday
- Read RSS entry in Wikipedia (just the intro section, not the whole article) for next week Wednesday
- If you don’t have a GMail account, you need to sign up for one by class next Wednesday
- Define the terms: direct instruction, constructivism, instructional objectives, RSS, and aggregator.
- Set up directories and subdirectories on a network drive.
- Identify proper and improper use of: spaces between sentences, quotation marks, apostrophes, dashes, special characters, accent marks, underlining and capitals.**
- Properly use spaces between sentences, quotation marks, apostrophes, dashes, special characters, accent marks, underlining and capitals in all your print, web and projected materials.
- List and describe or explain the Do’s and Don’ts of desktop publishing including: one space between sentences, use of quotation marks, use of apostrophes, use of dashes, use of special characters, use of accent marks, use of underlining and use of capitals.**
Questions? Email email@example.com
Last updated August 29, 2015